Your Shopping Cart is Empty
Recent Blog Posts
HANDLING AND FREIGHT POLICY
1. All shipments will be shipped via common carrier or FedEx. Orders will be assessed for packaging materials required to ship. All freight will be pre-paid.
2. All orders will be assessed a standard HANDLING CHARGE of $.50 per item. Each door (a pair of doors counts as 2 items) and drawer front will be counted for the handling charge. This charge will apply to all orders.
3. Minimum order amount is $25.00.
4. Any damage to outer packaging must be noted and brought to the attention of the carrier. Save all packaging material in case a damage claim is to be made.
All items are custom made to customer's specifications; therefore, cancellations or changes to orders in process are subject to a charge to be determined by the factory at the time of the request. After 48 hours the order will be in production and changes are not possible after production starts. If order is canceled within 48 hours, a 10% or $100 ( whichever is less) order processing fee will apply.
- The general lead-time for orders is around 6-15 days depending on the time of year. Shipment by ground will take an approximate week, therefore total lead-time from time of ordering to receipt of cabinet doors is 2 to 3 weeks.
- Payment is required before order can be placed in production, since each order is custom made to your specifications. Payment can be made by any type of the credit or debit card.
- Upon receiving your shipment, please be sure to inspect for damage. Any product received damaged should be noted on the delivery slip and signed by the driver. A copy should then be faxed to us at 773-496-6393 and a claim must be submitted immediately by the customer to the courier. The customer is responsible for checking their delivered order immediately for any shortages or discrepancies and is responsible for contacting Kitchen Door Cabinets within 3 days to report these discrepancies.
- ANY corrections or discrepancies reported after the 3 day deadline from the delivery date, will be assessed a $15 administrative fee, or the cost of the correction whichever is greater.
Policies and Warranty
ONCE OUR PRODUCTS ARE RECEIVED, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO MONITOR THE CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH THEY ARE KEPT. Claims on any order or material discrepancies must be made within three (3) days after receipt of order & prior to HINGING, HANGING or FINISHING. Doors will not be returned without prior written approval. Doors must be returned in their original condition to the offices of Kitchen Door Cabinets for inspection. Any item that has been hinged, hung or finished, show signs of exposure to moisture, heat or sun, show signs of job site neglect or is modified in any way shall be deemed accepted by the buyer and voids any warranty. If our product is handled in accordance with our recommended guidelines, most problems will be minimized. Remember, you are dealing with an unfinished wood product that will warp, twist or crack within twenty-four (24) hours if not treated or handled properly.
Kitchen Door Cabinets warrants that all of our products will be reasonably defect free in material and workmanship for a period of one year from date of shipment. Burls, pin knots, mineral streaks, sap, etc. are natural characteristics found in wood; if these characteristics fall within Kitchen Door Cabinets's specifications, they will not be considered defects. Due to its inherent nature, wood will expand or contract depending on environmental conditions; The Door Stop does allow for some wood movement. We will not be liable for damages caused by improper handling, storage, assembling, finishing or installation by the customer.
The warranty shall not apply to:
- Any defects caused, or repairs required as a result of misuses, abusive operation, negligence, accident, improper use or installation, and/or insufficient care.
- Any Kitchen Door Cabinets product tampered by adjustment, altered or repaired by any party other than Kitchen Door Cabinets.
- Any defects to the surface caused by normal wear and tear and the natural aging process.
- To the extent the law permits, for loss of time or use of Kitchen Door Cabinets's product, installation and transportation costs necessary for the application of this warranty, or any other indirect or consequential damage or inconvenience.
Products must be inspected upon receipt. Our guarantee covers the replacement of doors and drawer fronts in an un-finished state and in good condition, as originally delivered F.O.B. our factory. Any variation from our normal construction specifications is not guaranteed, i.e., reducing the thickness of the panel or frames. A warp or twist of 3/16" of an inch or less is not considered a defect. A twist is measured by placing the face of the door against a true plane surface. Doors are manufactured to the nearest 1/16th of an inch with a tolerance of 1/16th of an inch. The Door Stop will not be held responsible for delays caused by factors beyond our control. There are no other warranties of any kind expressed or implied.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS THAT REQUIRES YOUR SPECIAL ATTENTION
Because of its nature, wood will expand and contract. Changes in temperature, humidity and other conditions produce wood movements. Wood is like a sponge, even when finished it will pick up moisture and easily expand in mountain and coastal regions causing wood to warp, twist or crack. It will dry out and easily shrink in desert regions causing wood to warp, twist or crack. Consequently, proper precautions must be taken during storing, handling and finishing operations.
You may need to perform extra sanding steps when using darker stains or glazing applications.
To preserve and enhance the quality and beauty of our unfinished wood products, we strongly recommend finishing and sealing of doors in a very timely manner. If you choose to paint our products, remember that due to the lack of elasticity in the paint it is likely that you will see cracks in the paint as the wood expands and contracts with the changes in humidity. These cracks will be most evident on the joints of the doors and the space between the panel and the stiles and rails.
Unfinished wood needs protection from moisture and from extreme fluctuations in temperature and humidity. Construction sites may vary in temperature as much as 30 to 50 degrees from day to night, causing warping, swelling or twisting of unfinished doors within 24 hours. Even finished doors will do the same.
Before doors are delivered, have all windows and exterior doors in place and bring the house to occupancy level conditions. Make sure all new drywall and plaster has had at least 2 weeks to dry.
Many jobs are finished on site, where doors are not removed from the cabinet prior to finishing. This causes unfinished top rails on upper cabinets and unfinished bottom rails on lower cabinets. This allows moisture to be absorbed through the unfinished portion of the door, causing swelling, warping and twisting.
Kitchen Door Cabinets strictly adheres to these recommendations:
- Under no circumstances should unfinished millwork be delivered to a job or site that is under construction and open to the elements.
- Doors should not be subjected to abnormal heat, cold, extreme dryness, humid conditions or sudden changes therein.
- The entire door must receive two coats of a good grade finish. Completely and evenly finish ALL PIECES - front, back, top, bottom, sides and all cutouts. Kitchen Door Cabinets (Webika Design) WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE DUE TO THESE SITUATIONS. THESE ARE NOT CONSIDERED A DEFECT.